Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pickett's Mill

I'm working hard on the Chickamauga Order of Battle. I almost have the Union Army in a format where I can start importing Excel sheets and start making web pages. Last weekend I took a break from the computer and went out to the Pickett's Mill park for a day of ranger tours and picture taking. It was a great trip! Hours of walking through the park, and a ranger led tour that led us off the trails and walking through the woods. Usually a big no-no! Many thanks to the interpretive ranger, James Wooten, for the tour and letting me ask questions and talk his ear off later!

I've put up two pictures on the main Pickett's Mill page of the view Hazen's men had looking up at Granbury's position at the top of the ravine, and a reverse one from Granbury's position.

Back to crunching numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment